March 16, 2020
Dear Students and Families,
Firstly, we hope that you and your families are healthy and safe! As we continue to learn more information about the Coronavirus, we wanted to provide our BART families with resources in order to help everyone stay well.
- HAND WASHING is still the #1 intervention for preventing illness. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) recommends that you:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
** On March 15, 2020 the Department of Public Health issued an order permitting licensed pharmacies to create and sell hand sanitizer over the counter. Please check with your local pharmacies for availability.
- PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS! Please read the guidance here provided by the CDC on ways to protect yourself and others during this time.
- WHAT IF I AM SICK? If you or a family member develops any symptoms (such as cough, fever, sore throat, etc.), please follow the guidance provided by the CDC, which can be found here.
- LOCAL INFORMATION: for any general questions or concerns about the Coronavirus, Berkshire Health Systems set up a hotline at 855-262-5465. This line is open from 7am-7pm, seven days a week. You can also visit their website.
STATE and FEDERAL INFORMATION: for any questions or concerns about the Coronavirus, you may also call the Massachusetts State Epidemiology line at (617) 983-6800. Please note that there will most likely be a wait, as the hotline is experiencing high call volumes. You can also referenece the MA Department of Public Health website at or the CDC website.
- Call/Facetime/online chat with friends and family
- Stay home as much as you can
- Don’t gather in groups
- Stay 6 feet away from others
- Don’t shake hands or hug
- Continue to wash your hands frequently!