Calendar & Announcements
- BART has been approved by the state to reduce the current 2013-2014 school year from 190 down to 185 school days. Previously it was projected that June 18 would be the last day of the 2013-2014 school year. Now, adjusting for a reduced school year plus the two snow days the school has used thus far, we are projecting June 13 will be the last day of this school year (June 18 if five snow days are used). Why the change to a shorter school year? Having this additional time during the summer will allow the school to address facility, technology and maintenance improvements. These improvements will allow for smooth operations when school resumes in the fall. Also, the additional time is especially needed now that BART offers three weeks of summer programming and week-long programs during the February and April breaks. The Board of Trustees will review student performance after two years of 185-school- day calendars. If they believe a reduced year has had a negative impact on student performance, BART will resume a 190-day school year.
- Shadowing a BART student offers another insight into our students’ schedule and provides your child with an opportunity to meet our dedicated faculty and experience our rigorous, hands- on, college preparatory curriculum. If you know a family that would like to know more about our school, please tell them about our upcoming Shadow Days that will be held later this month — and don’t forget to tell them that pre-registration is required! For more information (or to register to attend), please contact Monique Nottke, Enrollment Counselor at 743-7311, ext. 132. The dates for this month’s Shadow Days are:
- Mon, Jan 27,12-3:30p.m.for students interested in grade 7
- Tues, Jan 28, 12-3:30 p.m. for students interested in grade 6
- Thurs, Jan 30, 8:30-11:30 a.m. for students interested in grades 8 or 9
- Fri, Jan 31, 12-3:30 p.m. is a second day for students interested in shadowing in grade 6
- Deadline for applying for the 2013-2014 school year is February 11, 2014. Applications can be found on the Enrollment page of our website or by contacting Monique Nottke, Enrollment Counselor. She can be reached directly at 743-7311, ext 132.
- Jacob B. (grade 11) who received recognition from the College Board for qualification for the National Merit Program. This means that he has been identified as one of the top 3% (50,000 out of 1.5 million) students who will be entered into the National Merit Finalists pool. Congrats to Jake!
- On March 21, 2013, BART students called into WAMC’s radio show Science Forum to ask their questions. Click here to listen in.
- We are proud to announce that BART Charter Public School received national recognition by a US DOE-funded program New Leaders for New Schools’ EPIC program, for our breakthrough gains in student achievement. Learn more about EPIC on their website.
- Click here to see the schedule of the upcoming Board of Trustees and committee meetings.